SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
JAVSEAL (PTY) LTD (We are a Bituminous product manufacturing, supply and application company, operating in the field of road construction and maintenance.)
JAVSEAL (PTY) LTD is committed to a philosophy of sustainable development and continual improvement.
JAVSEAL (PTY) LTD acknowledges that it has a duty and responsibility to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all who are involved in and affected by its operations and activities.
It is the policy of the company to provide and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of employees, management, contactors, visitors and others who might be affected by its operations and activities.
It is the policy of the company to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the sustainable use of natural resources and to prevent or minimize harm to the environment arising out of its operations and activities.
To these ends the company will allocate sufficient resources and sound management systems to the fulfillment of this policy.
JAVSEAL (PTY) LTD will comply with all relevant and applicable legal statues and requirements, approved codes of practice, corporate and company standards and where applicable internationally recognized standards and best operating practices.
- Identify potential risks resulting from its operations and activities that the environment, employees, contractors, visitors and other persons may be exposed to
- Provide, maintain and continually improve environmentally sustainable, safe and healthy working conditions and systems of work
- Provide and maintain safe plant and machinery
- Provide relevant and necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to employees and management
- Provide and maintain appropriate protective equipment and supervise its use.
In achieving the objectives of this policy, JAVSEAL (PTY) LTD, will promote and maintain open and constructive dialogue and working relations with employees, local communities, regulatory agencies, business organizations and other affected and interested parties to:
- Build relations based on honesty, openness, mutual trust and involvement
- Increase knowledge and enhance mutual understanding in matters of common concern
- Share responsibility for meeting the requirements of this policy
- Communicate this policy to employees, contactors, relevant stakeholders and other interested parties.
This policy will be reviewed regularly (annually) to reflect the company’s commitment to the principles of sustainable development and continual improvement.